Library and OSS Consultation
Drop in Session Penryn Library Monday 25 May 10am – 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
Following agreement on the Council’s four year budget plan, approved in February, Cornwall Council is having to review the library and one stop shop services.
As part of the £196 million savings that have to be made over the next four years, they have to save £1.8 million from the library and one stop shop service’s £4 million budget.
They want to hear from as many people as possible to help shape the proposals. More information is available from the Council’s website: www.cornwall.gov.uk/librarysurvey
Cornwall Council are also keen to hear from organisations interested in, and able to become involved in, running one or more community library services – who can use the business case form.
The 10 week public consultation and engagement began on 2 April and will end on 10 June 2015.
There will be public drop-in sessions in branch libraries.
The public can be involved in the consultation in a number of ways, including:
- In person by attending a public drop-in session at your library
- Using the online questionnaire available on Cornwall Council’s website www.cornwall.gov.uk/librarysurvey
- Download and complete a printable copy of the survey questionnaire from the website
- Contact your local Cornwall Councillor
- Email email@example.com
- Pick up and complete a printed copy of the questionnaire from a library or one stop shop
- Request a copy of the questionnaire by phone 0300 1234 111 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Library and One Stop Shop review, Truro Library, Union Place, Truro TR1 1EP